The New Mexico Coalition of Educational Leaders will award two $3,000 scholarships to New Mexico High School seniors who will be entering a college or university.
CRITERIA FOR APPLICATION AND SELECTION OF CANDIDATES
- Candidate must be a graduating senior from any public high school in the state of New Mexico.
- Candidate must have a GPA of 3.0 or better for consideration.
- Preference will be given to those entering the field of education. (Teacher, Counselor, School Business Official, etc.)
- Interviews with each of the top five candidates will be conducted by the Selection Committee in April.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Submit the following completed documents:
- The Scholarship Application Form (signed by a HS official).
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers and/or school administrators.
- A typed essay (at least 300 words) outlining your reason for entering the field of education.
FINALISTS MUST SUBMIT AN OFFICIAL HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT PRIOR TO INTERVIEW
Email to: email@example.com (preferred method of submission)
6600 Palomas Ave. NE
Albuquerque, NM 87109
Deadline: In the NMCEL office no later than February 24, 2023
Late and/or incomplete application packets will not be accepted.
NMCEL Scholarship 2022-2023 Guidelines
- The applicant must be academically strong with a G.P.A. of 3.0 or better.
- The applicant should be a well-rounded student participating in diversified activities in both school and the community.
- The applicant must be a graduating senior from a public high school in the state of New Mexico, without regard to race, ethnicity, or gender.
- Applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 24, 2023, to be considered.
- Selection Committee will consist of 5 members, four of whom must be members of NMCEL. One shall be a member of the NMCEL Executive Board.
- The committee will be facilitated by an NMCEL Board member.
- The applicants will be rated on the Application Form, References and Typed Essay.
- Interviews with the Selection Committee will take place in April for the top candidates. A stipend will be provided for candidates who live further than a 100-mile radius from Albuquerque.
- The recipients of the scholarship will be notified in writing no later than May 12, 2023. All other applicants will be notified by mail of the decision of the selection committee no later than May 19, 2023.
- The recipients must be enrolled as a full-time student, in a college or university of their choice, in the fall of the school year after graduation.
- Two scholarships in the amount of $3,000 will be awarded to the successful applicants at the annual Awards Luncheon at the NMCEL July conference.
- The scholarship will be payable to the student in three payments, one in the Fall, one in the Winter and one in the Fall after proof of enrollment is submitted.
- The scholarship will be forfeited if the student does not begin college or university classes during the fall semester, or leaves after the first semester.
Click the following link to download the 2023 Scholarship Application for the New Mexico Coalition of Educational Leaders: https://5il.co/1nfii