The Las Cruces Public Schools Foundation, Inc. has created the Dr. J.W & Mary Tucker Memorial Granted Scholarship in collaboration with the Dr. J.W & Mary Tucker Memorial Scholarship Endowment. It is intended that the funds will provide $2,000.00 (non-renewable) scholarship to a graduating senior from Las Cruces High School, Mayfield High School, Organ Mountain High School and Centennial High School within the Las Cruces School Public Schools.
GRANTED SCHOLARSHIP CRITERIA
Annually the LCPS Foundation will work with the four individual schools to identify the four students who will be awarded the one time, non-renewable, $2000.00 scholarship based on the following:
1. Be a graduating senior from Las Cruces High School, Mayfield High School, Organ Mountain High School or Centennial High School;
2. Have participated in at least 2 Varsity Sports;
3. Has the highest grade point average at each school of those who qualify;
4. If a tie was to occur determination will be considered in the following order:
5. Number of Varsity Letters obtained from the school he/she is graduating;
6. The number of courses completed at the school he/she is graduating;
7. If a tie still exists determination will be decided upon by representation from the Tucker Family, LCPS Athletics and the LCPS Foundation.
Awardees must submit their contact information to the LCPS Foundation prior to the granted scholarship funds being released. Monies awarded may be sent to individuals or to educational institutions as requested by awardees.
Click: The Dr. J.W. & Mary Tucker Memorial Granted Scholarshipto download the scholarship criteria form
For questions contact Amy McCarty, Executive Director of the LCPS Foundation, at email@example.com or call 575-527-5888.